The Night Before Your Gamma Knife Procedure
What to do the night before your treatment
- Take a shower and shampoo your hair
- Do not use any hairspray or gel the night before or in the morning
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, including water and chewing gum
You may be instructed to take some morning medication with a small sip
of water on the morning of the procedure.
What to do on the morning of your treatment
The Gamma Knife Program staff will let you know what time you should arrive
at the Outpatient Imaging Department, 2500 Mowry Ave., Washington West
building in Fremont. There, you will meet the Gamma Knife nurse who will
help you with the admission process. You should plan to be at the center
for about four to six hours.
What to wear
Comfortable clothing that is loose fitting and no jewelry.
What to bring with you
- Anything you'd like to read or work on to help you pass the time. Or,
you may bring your own personal music to listen to while you are waiting
for your treatment.
- Your normal medications
- No valuables
- If you have one, a copy of your advance directive (durable power of attorney
for health care)