Washington Hospital Healthcare System offers an excellent compensation
and benefits package, a professional work environment, state-of-the-art
technology, and a great location near mass transit (easy access to BART
and ACE trains). Most benefits are available to eligible employees who
work 20 or more hours per week. Coverage begins the 90th day of continuous
here for a PDF of the Benefits Summary that is also listed below.
- Health Insurance – The Hospital provides medical, dental, vision
and mental health benefits to employees, spouses, domestic partners and
eligible dependents at minimal cost to the employee (in some cases, coverage
is free of charge). Medical coverage is a Blue Shield Preferred Provider
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - The Hospital
provides term life insurance coverage of $10,000. Full-time exempt employees
receive additional coverage equivalent to their annual salary, plus $10,000.
Employees, spouses and domestic partners have the option of purchasing
additional term life insurance at low group rates.
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance - The Hospital provides a basic LTD
plan at no cost to the employee. A buy-up supplemental LTD plan for a
60% salary replacement policy is available for purchase.
- Voluntary Benefits - Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits, Identify Theft Prevention,
and Pet Insurance are available.
- Full-time employees accrue 25 days of Earned Time Off (ETO) during the
1st year of employment. ETO is used for holidays, vacation & sick
days, and accruals increase with years of service. Employees also accrue
8 days of Extended Sick Leave (ESL) each year. ESL is used to supplement
Worker's Compensation or State Disability Insurance benefits, as needed.
ETO & ESL accrual rates are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Full-time nurses in the CNA Union accrue 10 days of Vacation in the 1st
year of employment, and accruals increase with years of service. Full-time
nurses also accrue 13 days of Sick Leave, and 10 paid holidays each year.
Accruals are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Retirement - The Hospital provides a Defined Benefit Retirement Plan. As
of January 1, 2013, employee contributions are required by the Public
Employee Pension Reform Act (PEPRA). Vesting is 5 years. For employees
who meet service requirements, there are Retiree Medical Plans available.
- Pre-Tax Retirement Savings Plans - Employees can contribute to both the
403(b) and/or 457 savings plans. The Federal Government sets yearly maximum
contribution limits. Additional contributions are allowed if an employee
is over the age of 50. There is also a 403(b) employer match. The Hospital
will contribute one dollar for every dollar contributed by the employee,
up to a maximum of 1.50% of the employee’s annual compensation.
Vesting is at the rate of 20% each year.
- Employees who qualify (based on years of service) can choose between a
retiree medical plan or a retiree medical cost reimbursement plan.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Confidential services such as outpatient
counseling therapy (5 free visits per year), legal assistance, child/parenting
support services, financial services, chronic condition support, etc.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Pre-Tax Medical and Dependent Care flexible
spending plans are available to pay for expenses allowed under Section
125 of the IRS code.
- Education - The Hospital provides paid educational leave to attend job-related
courses each calendar year. In addition, employees may receive up to a
maximum of $1,500 in tuition reimbursement each fiscal year for expenses
incurred while pursuing a formal program of study.
- Credit Union - Employees may apply for a lifetime membership in a credit
union, which offers a wide range of services.
- Child Care Center - Little Washington Township