As the local Health Care District, our mission is to meet the health care
needs of the District residents through medical services, education and research.
Within this scope, Washington Township Health Care District is committed
to assuming the leadership role in improving and maintaining the health
status of the residents by:
- Identifying and assessing community health care needs.
- Developing mechanisms to respond to the identified need within the financial
capabilities of the District.
- Committing to a culture of patient safety and accountability.
- Adopting identified best practices.
- Providing access to high quality, cost-effective health services through
an integrated delivery system.
- Partnering with a diverse medical staff, academic medical centers and other
providers to meet the health care needs of district residents.
- Providing appropriate employee, professional and community educational
resources to enhance patient care and health promotion throughout the District.
To support the fulfillment of the mission, the District's strategic
vision is to be the regional medical center of choice in Southern Alameda
County offering quality services that span the full range of care within
the available financial resources.
Resolved by the Board of Directors, Washington Township Health Care Distirct,
October 12, 2016.
- Our organizational values stem directly from the origins of the Hospital
District in 1948. The District was formed to provide access to patient
care services for the residents of the Township, at a time when people
had to leave their community and travel significant distances to find
hospital care. The District serves its community by providing high quality,
affordable and convenient care. We are committed not only in law, but
in spirit to local accountability.
- Healthcare is an intensely personal service. Underlying all that we offer
is the recognition that healthcare is not a commodity. Our essential purpose
is to improve the human condition. Our reason for being begins and ends
with our patients and our community, and we are committed to a "patient
first" ethic. To our patients we owe comfort, compassion and whenever
possible, a cure. Our efforts are focused not just on individuals and
families, but also on the overall health of the community.
- It is our obligation to provide responsible stewardship of our resources,
acting in all areas of our healthcare system with integrity, professionalism
and with respect for a patient's right to choice.
- To our fellow employees, volunteers and members of our medical staff we
owe a commitment to perform all of our responsibilities with loyalty,
perseverance, self-discipline and dependability. We achieve these goals
through our organizational commitment to innovation, process improvements
and pursuit of excellence.