How to Become a Volunteer
"Random Staffing" Volunteering
Random staffing is a new way to volunteer at Washington Hospital. We are always looking for new adult members who are looking for an opportunity to volunteer on the days and times that work best for you. With this new program, volunteers don't have to make a long term commitment to a set schedule. Now you can sign up online for the date and time that fits into your personal schedule. If you are interested in joining us, please attend the next Volunteer Information session on the date and time listed below.
I am interested in volunteering! How do I get started?
All prospective volunteers are required to attend an Information Session. The next Information Session is scheduled for:
Upcoming Information Sessions
Wednesday, January 7, 2015, from 4pm-5pm (begins promptly at 4pm) No late arrivals.
Location: Conrad E. Anderson Auditorium Rooms A & B located in Washington WEST at 2500 Mowry Ave. in Fremont (not the main Hospital).
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes early to sign in. NO appointment necessary. Just drop in!
Click here to learn about the Student Volunteer Programs.
- Information Sessions are held quarterly at the hospital. All potential volunteers are required to attend the information session to find out about current volunteer opportunities and requirements for volunteering. Applications are provided at the information session to prospective adult and college applicants. High school applicants are guided through their application process.
- Health and Background Screening -In order to provide the best care for our patients, all volunteers are screened and must complete medical requirements through our Employee Health Services (free of charge). Screenings can take up to two months to complete. Proof of immunization to rubeola, rubella and varicella (chicken pox) and an annual tuberculin skin test. Members who have any limitations are required to get a doctor's statement of release noting any restrictions.
- Note: A background screening is required for adult volunteers. We will provide you a form to fill out.
- Age - Prospective volunteers must be at least 16 years of age and have sophomore standing. Learn about the Student Volunteer Programs.
- Orientation - All potential volunteers are required to attend an orientation in order to learn about the hospital's mandatory safety program, policies and procedures.
- Uniforms - Volunteers must wear the Washington Hospital Service League volunteer uniform and nametag while on duty.