Washington Hospital Healthcare System
Volunteer Services Department - Washington WEST
2500 Mowry Ave.
Fremont, CA 94538
The Washington Hospital Service League Volunteers work closely with the hospital professionals to help provide care and support to the Washington Hospital patients, families and visitors.
Click here to learn more about becoming a volunteer and our student volunteer programs.
There are many volunteer opportunities available, including:
- Baby Photos - Take baby photos for parents who are very happy to see baby's first picture.
- Patient Feeding - Assist staff with feeding patients who need social interaction, or whose medical condition makes it difficult to feed themselves.
- Emergency Room - Provide emotional support to patients and their families in the emergency room.
- Community Health Resource Library - Assist visitors in finding answers to their health-related questions.
Other services include:
- Greet patients and visitors
- Discharge patients
- Deliver flowers
- Sell items in the gift shop
- Keep concerned friends and families updated on patient status
- Play piano in main hospital lobby
- Make puppets for children
- Take families on tours of the birthing center
- Act as coaches for patients in Institute for Joint Restoration and Research
- Assist at public seminars, health screenings and hospital events
About the Washington Hospital Service League
The mission of the Washington Hospital Service League is to make a difference by helping others.
Volunteers work closely with Washington Hospital Healthcare System professionals to do just that providing care and support to Washington Hospital patients, families and visitors.
Since its founding in 1955, three years before Washington Hospital actually opened its doors, the Washington Hospital Service League has provided more than 1.8 million hours of service and donated more than $2.2 million to the hospital.