Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundationís Top Hat XXVII
A Record Year!
Event Proceeds Will Benefit Washington Hospital’s Community Mammography Program
The Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation’s 27th Annual Top Hat Dinner Dance took place on Saturday, October 12, raising a record $295,000 to support Washington Hospital’s Community Mammography Program. The co-chairs for the event were Dr. Vandana Sharma, Medical Director of the Genetics Counseling Program and the Oncology Program at Washington Hospital, and Linda Gonsalves, managing partner at the law firm of Gonsalves and Kozachenko.
More than 620 guests attended the gala, which took place in a beautiful tent on the grounds of Washington West. During the delectable four-course dinner served by McCalls Catering & Events, attendees enjoyed the company of their fellow guests while listening to the Larry Walker Trio. After dinner, Beatlemajesty, a Beatles tribute band featuring members from the hit Broadway musical, Beatlemania, played while diners danced into the night. For those favoring a quieter ambiance, dancing and cocktails were provided in an intimate jazz lounge in Washington West.
Funds raised from Top Hat this year will support Washington Hospital’s Community Mammography Program. Since its inception in 2001, this crucial safety-net program has underwritten the cost of mammograms for 1,950 patients. This Community Mammography Program ensures that Tri-City men and women, regardless of their ability to pay, are able to receive mammograms in a timely manner, close to home. For low-income or uninsured patients referred by community health centers, the program is often the only option for local care.
“Since the first Top Hat event in 1986, the Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation has contributed more than $1.8 million to benefit our patients at Washington Hospital,” said Demetrious Shaffer, Past President of the Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation and emcee for Top Hat. “Many thanks to Dr. Vandana Sharma, Linda Gonsalves and the entire Top Hat Committee who worked so hard to make Top Hat another special event.”
Next year’s Top Hat dinner dance is scheduled for October 11, 2014. Mark your calendar!
Many thanks to our generous sponsors:
- Dearborn-Sah Institute for Joint Restoration
- Fremont Bank
- Northern California Anesthesia Associates
- Professional Home Care Associates
- California Cardiovascular Consultants and Medical Associates & California Hospitalist Medical Corporation
- Washington Township Medical Foundation
- 1st United Services Credit Union
- Amity Home Health Care
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Cammisa and Wipf Consulting Engineers
- City Building, Inc.
- E*TRADE Financial
- Electro Imaging Systems, Inc.
- Freed Associates
- Fremont Healthcare Center
- Gonsalves & Kozachenko
- Haller’s Pharmacy
- HFS Consultants
- Jacobs Engineering
- LIFE ElderCare
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- RK Electric, Inc. (In-Kind)
- Rosenberg and Kaplan, A Law Corporation
- Union Bank
- Valley Medical Oncology Consultants
- Vintaco, Inc. – Beretta Property Management
- Carmen Agcaoili, M.D.
- Nancy Farber
- Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP
- Murco Management, Inc.
- Ohlone College Foundation
- Ratcliff Architects
- The Stahl Companies, Inc.
- Dr. Bernard and Nancy Stewart
- VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc.
- Washington Outpatient Surgery Center
- Washington Radiologists Medical Group
- Western Laboratories Medical Group
- Cargill Salt
- Fremont Emergency Medical Group, Inc.
- Masonic Homes of California
- Medtronic CardioVascular
- Norcal Ambulance Service
- Payden & Rygel
- The Outsource Group
- Sisters of the Holy Family
- Sycomp, A Technology Company
- Triage Consulting Group
Grand Raffle Sponsor
- Whole Foods Market