Coping with Grief and Loss
Washington Hospital Hosts Grief Support Group
When someone you love dies, grief can leave you feeling isolated, powerless, sad or angry. Sharing your concerns and feelings with others can help ease the pain and promote healing. This is an on-going support group for the convenience of adults who live in the southern part of Alameda County.
When: Thursday Evenings
Time: 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Location: Volunteer Services Department, 2nd Floor
Washington West, Suite 216
2500 Mowry Avenue
Fremont, CA 94538
This is a free, drop-in group offering support and the exchange of information. You may attend as often as you wish. For more information, please call Washington Hospital’s Spiritual Care Coordinator at (510) 745-6569 or call (510) 797-1111 for general information.
Spiritual Care Services at Washington Hospital
Washington Hospital offers non-denominational spiritual care, assistance and support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you or someone close to you is in the hospital, Spiritual Care Services can provide the following needs:
- Someone to talk to or simply sit quietly with you or your loved one
- Support for encountering the Sacred through prayer, ritual, or sacrament·
- Help with the search for meaning during a critical life event, such as illness, death, birth or other life issue
- Assistance with contacting clergy or representatives from your religious or spiritual tradition
- Support while making difficult decisions about healthcare for yourself or your loved one
- Support during times of grief
- Celebration during times of joy
- Meditation Room (Open 24 hours/day)