In addition to our usual multi modality diagnostic imaging capabilities, many interventional radiology procedures are now available at Washington Hospital. Our trained interventional radiologists have a Certificate of Additional Qualifications in Interventional Radiology from the American College of Radiology.
Some of our services and conditions we treat:
- Interventional Oncology: chemoembolization, percutaneous tumor ablation, chest port insertions Percutaneous Spine Procedures: kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, eipidural and facet injections
- Embolotherapy: uterine fibroid embolization and pelvic congestion syndrome, preoperative, hemorrhage, post-traumatic (Click here to read a recent article on uterine fibroid embolization)
- Endovascular Interventions: arterial revascularizations, thrombolysis for DVT and arterial occlusions, varicose vein ablations
- Dialysis Fistula/Graft Access Maintenance
- Hepatobiliary and GI Procedures: transhepatic biliary stent placement, percutaneous gastrostomy tube placement, transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) placement
- Percutaneous Urological Procedures
- Image-Guided Biopsies
- Percutaneous Abscess Drainage
- Image-Guided Thoracenteses and Paracenteses
This a partial list of the services that we can provide. Please contact our IR services coordinator at (510) 608-1362 for more information or contact the Washington Hospital's Medical Imaging Department at (510) 494-7032.
Click here to learn more about interventional radiology.