Washington Hospital Healthcare System offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, a professional work environment, state-of-the-art technology, and a great location near mass transit (easy access to BART and ACE trains). Most benefits are available to eligible employees who work 20 or more hours per week.
Health Insurance - Employees, spouses and eligible dependents receive medical, dental, vision and mental health benefits paid for by the hospital, as well as Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance and Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance.
Vacation, Sick Leave & Holiday Benefits - Regular full-time and part-time employees receive either Earned Time Off (ETO) and Extended Sick Leave (ESL) or Vacation, Sick and Holiday time. The amount of time-off earned increases with years of service.
- Retirement Plan - the Hospital offers a defined-benefit retirement plan (in addition to the 403b & 457 Plans below)
- Pre-Tax Retirement Savings Plans - Employees can contribute to 403(b) and/or 457 savings plans. For benefited employees, the Hospital will contribute one dollar for every dollar contributed by the employee, up to a maximum of 1% of the employee's annual compensation. Vesting is at the rate of 20% each year. Both contributions and investment earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal.
- Employees who qualify (based on years of service) can choose between a retiree medical plan or a retiree medical cost reimbursement plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Up to $5,000 of pre-tax earnings can be set aside each calendar year in the Medical and/or Dependent Care account to pay for expenses allowed under Section 125 of the IRS code.
- Education - The Hospital provides educational leave with pay to attend job-related courses each calendar year. In addition, employees may receive up to a maximum of $1,500 in tuition reimbursements each fiscal year for expenses incurred while pursuing a formal program of study.
- Credit Union - Employees may apply for a lifetime membership in a credit union, which offers a wide range of services.
- Child Care Center - Little Washington Township