Washington Intensive Care and Coronary Care Units
The Washington Intensive Care and Coronary Care unit (ICU/CCU) staff is
honored to be trusted with the care of your loved one. We are committed
to providing excellent care and service while helping patients and families
through this very difficult time. We encourage you to ask questions.
Visiting the ICU/CCU
• There are visitor restrictions to allow undisturbed patient rest
time, but in the ICU/CCU visiting hours are flexible. The patient’s
nurse can provide more information.
• Children under the age of 12 are not allowed.
• Immediate family members only (spouses, children over 12, parents,
grandparents, siblings and significant others).
• Visitors are limited to two at a time.
• Please be sensitive to other families as there is limited space
in the waiting area.
• Only visit if you are feeling well. Do not visit if you are suffering
from coughs, colds or flu like symptoms.
• Use the hand sanitizer provided before entering and when leaving the unit.
• If your loved one is in isolation, follow the nurses’ instructions
about wearing gowns, gloves and masks, as well as washing your hands.
• Before entering the ICU/CCU, please call from one of the designated
phones posted outside the unit. It may take a few minutes for us to answer
your call, as the nursing staff may be busy caring for your loved one.
• Sometimes the patient’s condition or medical activities require
you leave the room. Our staff will let you know when you can return to
• No plants, flowers or balloons are allowed in the ICU/CCU.